Stephen MinistryWhat is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times...
We all experience challenges in life - times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty, such as:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crises
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovering after an accident or disaster
- And many more
A Stephen Minister Is...
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregational member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone. "Bear one
another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."(Galations 6:2)
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
Do you know someone going through a difficult time in their life? Chances are they are on a journey and could benefit from someone walking with them to listen and offer love and support. We have Stephen Ministers waiting for them. Call the church office at (951) 695-1913 for more information.